Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Chicken Suiza Crescent Pockets


Yes, yes, I’m still stuffing things inside crescent rolls. I just love those flaky little pastries so. They’re so versatile, and they’re usually pretty easy to work with too. Although sometimes, I will admit, it can be kind of a pain to keep those edges sealed together. The night I made these, I was having a particularly difficult night keeping the edges sealed – but the end result was worth my frustration.

For this version, I took my inspiration from this sandwich, which is one of our favorites. I made a creamy filling of chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, and salsa verde, and added a bit of honey for sweetness, some lime juice for tanginess, and lots of ooey gooey Swiss cheese. These were absolutely incredible and tasted exactly like enchiladas suizas but with less work, and in a handy little portable crescent roll package. They're sweet, spicy, and delicious. I’ll definitely be making these guys again.



Chicken Suiza Crescent Pockets

2 packages crescent rolls
1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, diced or shredded
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup prepared salsa verde
1 tablespoon honey
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 teaspoon cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
Cilantro

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Separate crescent dough into 8 rectangles (2 triangular rolls pressed together) and seal the edges.

2. In a bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, salsa verde, honey, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper, and Swiss cheese.

3. Place about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture in the center of each rectangle. Wrap crescent rolls around the filling and pinch the edges to seal completely. Place on ungreased baking sheets.

4. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until rolls are golden brown. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.

3 comments:

Faith said...

yum!

Anonymous said...

yum! restaurant quality! thanks for sharing!

Deborah said...

I've been talking about those chicken suiza sammies a lot lately - I'm pretty sure these are even better!!