Friday, June 1, 2012

Burger and Fries Friday: Greek Burgers


Another Friday, another burger! And this one is absolutely delicious and positively packed with Greek flavor. I adapted this recipe from my friend Leigh, who is always there to help me out when I’m lacking kitchen inspiration. Since I love Greek food, I was pretty sure I’d love these burgers – and not surprisingly, I did!


The burgers themselves are loaded with feta cheese, sundried tomatoes, spinach, garlic, and red onion, and they’re topped off with tzatziki sauce, which is probably one of my favorite condiments in the entire world. The feta in the burgers themselves gave the entire meat mixture a great tanginess and kept them really moist. The only thing I wanted to add to the burgers, but didn’t, was kalamata olives. I love them, but Joe isn’t a fan, so next time I’ll just add the olives to my own burger.

If you’re a fan of Greek food, these burgers will remind you exactly why you love it.

Greek Burgers
adapted from One Day at a Time – From My Kitchen to Yours

1 pound ground beef
2 sundried tomatoes, chopped
2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
1/2 cup finely chopped baby spinach leaves (I roll them up like basil and chiffonade them)
1/4 cup feta cheese
2 cloves garlic, minced or pasted
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Tzatziki sauce
Hamburger buns

1. In a large bowl, combine beef, tomatoes, red onion, spinach, feta, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Greek seasoning, and salt and pepper. Divide into 4 equal patties.

2. In a large skillet, heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add burgers and cook to desired doneness.

3. Place each burger on a bun, and top with tzatziki sauce and any desired toppings (cucumber, tomatoes, onion, etc.)

1 comment:

Leigh said...

i want to try your version of these!!! They sound amazing and I do love the olives in these! Yum...going to have to make them soon!