Sunday, February 26, 2012

Weekly Meal Planning, Week of 2.27.12


As I type this, my kids are being so quiet. I know I shouldn't type that because it will surely jinx this wonderful thing that is happening, but I can't help it. They're getting along so well and playing so nicely and peacefully together. So I'm going to post this meal plan all quick-like so I can bask in the quiet while it lasts.

Monday: I'll be in a meeting at work late, so Joe and the boys are on their own. They'll have pizza or spaghetti, I'm sure.

Tuesday: Cashew chicken wraps, chips. Yes, these are on the menu for the third week in a row, and I still haven't made them! I have no excuse for this.

Wednesday: Chicken-bacon bundles, steamed broccoli. My friend Leigh e-mailed me about these last week because she thought they sounded like something I'd enjoy (she knows me so well!), and I couldn't wait to put them on our menu.

Thursday: Chicken Caesar sandwiches, fries. I pinned these sandwiches on Pinterest a long time ago, and when I saw that Stephanie made them and loved them, I knew I needed to get around to making them.

Friday: Greek tacos. I think these look so good. I'm going to make some tzatziki sauce to go with them, too.

Saturday: Chicken tetrazzini. I'm trying my own version this time. I've tried lots of different recipes for this classic dish, but I haven't been completely happy with any of them. Let's see what I can come up with on my own!

Sunday: Chicken with boursin mushroom cream sauce, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli. This dish is full of my favorite things!

2 comments:

cook said...

I also plan the meals for the week based on our calendar. On Thursday, we have a parent teacher conference and my husband is at a hockey game. On Wednesday, I work late so my hubby's alone with the kids. What frenzied lives we lead.

Cooksploratrice said...

That comment was written by cooksploratrice at www.cooksploratrice.com.

It appears I typed too quickly.