Sunday, February 19, 2012

Weekly Meal Planning, Week of 2.20.12


I'm forging ahead with my meal plan for this week, even though my motivation for cooking is still sorely lacking. My family needs to eat, after all, and at this point I'm pretty sure they're sick of the poor substitutes for real dinners I've put in front of them too often lately. Is there anything sadder than a food blogger with absolutely zero interest in food? Haha.

I've planned a delicious week of meals this week. I'm using lots of chicken, since my freezer is stocked with it due to a really good sale a couple of weeks ago. There are also (of course) a couple of meals carrying over from previous weeks. Here's hoping this week of yummy meals can get me out of my funk! (I think I've been saying that for a month now, but whatever. Maybe this is the week!)

Monday: Cheesy chicken tortilla soup. I've made this soup three or four times, at least, and I've never shared it. It's so good. I'll definitely share it this time around.

Tuesday: Creamy ranch chicken, rolls. I saw this recipe in a recent e-mail from BHG and was instantly sold. Of course I was. 

Wednesday: Pork stir fry with cashew rice, cream cheese wontons. I'm ashamed to say that I will not be making the wontons myself, but rather purchasing them frozen from the store. Making my own is just too labor-intensive for a Wednesday. This stir fry is still the best I've ever made.

Thursday: Cashew chicken wraps, chips. More cashews! And a carryover from last week. I think these are going to be absolutely delicious, and I can't wait to try them.

Friday: Blueberry buttermilk pancakes, hash browns, bacon. This is Andrew's contribution to the meal plan. When I asked him what he wanted for dinner next week, he told me he wanted blueberry pancakes. He gets his wish! (It's an easy one to grant.)


Saturday: I recently joined a cooking club with a group of friends from high school, and Saturday is our first meet-up. The theme is Mexican food, and I've been designated to bring an appetizer. In my absence, I'm sure Joe and the boys will order pizza...or just eat pizza rolls. What is your favorite Mexican appetizer? I have no idea what I'm going to take.

Sunday: Grilled Cajun ranch chicken pasta. Another carryover from, I think, two weeks ago. It's probably wishful thinking, but I'm still hopeful we'll be able to fire up the grill for this one.

6 comments:

Allison said...

Is it allowed to be totally simple? If so, I love a good 7 layer dip. Some guacamole, refried beans, sour cream....mmmm....drool.

Or you could do jalapeno poppers or something like that.

I'm sorry you've been in a cooking funk! I hope you get out of it soon! I've been mixing more involved meals with simple ones every week so I don't get too burnt out.

Cooksploratrice said...

It is hard to be interested in food all the time. But, Cassie, you have a passion so it will come back. Keep posting and it'll happen.
Every blogger gets blank page moments. Keep up the great work and kudos on your honesty.

Healthy Ann said...

Can I move in with you? This is just too good.

Michelle said...

I vote for 7-layer dip too...I just saw the cutest idea for it on Pinterest. They made individual 7-layer dips in little clear plastic cups, they were so cute.

Jessi said...

I make an awesome mexican spinach dip that everyone LOVES!!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/hot-mexican-spinach-dip/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=mexican%20spinach&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page

I always use regular milk instead of evaporated and never the whole full cup. Just add until it looks moist enough!!! I don't add the black olives only because I detest them!!

Debra and Eric said...

I just found your blog in a desperate attempt to get inspiration for my own weekly meal planning (which, as a mother of 3 under age 4, is mostly non-existent). THANK YOU!! I can't tell you how encouraging it is to see what you do, and to be introduced to such wonderful looking new recipes!