Friday, December 2, 2011

Two Week of Christmas Treats, Day 2: Raspberry Truffle Fudge


When I’m planning my Christmas cookie trays, there are certain requirements that I like to fill to make for a well-rounded selection of treats. I like to include something minty. I like to include some sort of candy-like treat. And I like to include some type of fudge.


As soon as I stumbled upon this recipe for raspberry truffle fudge, I knew I’d be making it instead of the standard chocolate or peanut butter version. And I’m so very glad that I did, because I got more compliments on this fudge than on anything else I included on my cookie trays. Raspberry and chocolate pair so perfectly together, and they’re a match made in Heaven in this rich, chocolaty fudge.

This fudge is so easy to make, and it’s definitely a crowd-pleaser!

Raspberry Truffle Fudge
adapted from Allrecipes

3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Salt to taste

1/4 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup raspberry preserves
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. Spray a 9x9 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray, and line with wax paper.

2. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine 3 cups chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Heat in microwave until chocolate melts, stirring occasionally. Be careful not to let it scorch. Stir in the vanilla and salt. Spread into pan, and cool to room temperature.

3. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat raspberry preserves until smooth. Strain seeds using a fine mesh strainer. Stir in cream and 2 cups chocolate chips. Heat in the microwave until the chocolate melts and stir until smooth. Cool to lukewarm, then pour over the fudge layer.

4. Refrigerate until both layers are completely set, about 1 hour. Cut into 1 inch pieces.

5 comments:

Deborah said...

I love fudge, and this version sounds SO good!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel said...

Mom always made a basic fudge growing up. This sounds wonderful!

Claire said...

Seriously? This is all done in the microwave? I've always been afraid of fudge, but I think even I can do this!

Katie said...

I love fudge and I love raspberry and chocolate...I am going to attempt this one though making fudge has never been something I excelled at.

Debbie said...

I just found a great cookie to add to my xmas cookie tray and now these!!! Nothing goes better with chocolate than raspberry. Going to save this....thanks Cassie!