Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekly Meal Planning, Week of 5.2.11


Once again, I'm late with the meal plan. Actually, though, I think I'm just going to start posting the plan on Mondays instead. As the weather gets warmer our weekends get more and more crammed with activities, and it's harder to find the time to post on Sundays.

Yesterday Will and I participated in the March of Dimes March for Babies, in support of my best friend and her sweet daughter who was born 13 weeks early. Here's my favorite picture from the day:


It's clear how much Will loves the March of Dimes! :)

Anyway, on to the meal plan. A couple of meals are carrying over from last week. Even though I swore I was going to make an effort to cook every night, that just didn't happen last week. I'm determined to be better this week!

Monday: Chicken with grapes and goat cheese, rice pilaf with spinach

Tuesday: Rosemary ranch chicken (check out the link -- I couldn't resist that post title!), fried potatoes, ranch-baked asparagus

Wednesday: Tortellini with pepperoni sauce, garlic bread. I was so beyond thrilled when Bravo posted Mike Isabella's pepperoni sauce recipe. Even though I wasn't Mike's biggest fan (the first time he was on the show, at least), that sauce made my mouth water, and I can't wait to try it.

Thursday: We'll be celebrating Cinco de Mayo with one of our favorite Mexican meals: Creamy baked chicken taquitos with creamy lime-cilantro dressing and Mexican sour cream rice. There will also be margaritas for the adults.

Friday: Herb and brie omelets with roasted potatoes and strawberries

Saturday: Smoked sausage pierogi bake

Sunday: It’s Mother’s Day, so I'm making the boys cook for me! ;)

3 comments:

Desi said...

Yum, yum, and more yum! That ranch asparagus is going on my list! We just made those taquitos the other day, and that sauce... OH THAT SAUCE! I literally could eat it on anything! I wanna try your mexican sour cream rice too! And now you got me wanting to add a mexican recipe to my meal plan this week, in celebration of cinco de mayo!

Monica H said...

What a sweet picture. Thank you for walking and supporting The March Of Dimes.

Also wanted to leave you with this recipe. I saw it and said "That's a Cassie recipe" :-)

http://paninihappy.com/grilled-mac-cheese-with-bbq-pulled-pork/

Debbie said...

It all sounds so delicious Cassie!