Sunday, April 10, 2011

Weekly Meal Planning, Week of 4.11.11

I haven't done a great job with sticking to my meal plans so far this year. Every week it seems like something happens to prevent me from making the meal I'd planned on a particular night. Add that to me feeling uninspired in the kitchen lately, and that means there hasn't been a lot of cooking going on.

I'm determined to change this, though, so I'm hoping to stick with the meal plan all week this week. It's mostly made up of meals from previous weeks that I hadn't made and for which I already have all the ingredients. So it's not the most exciting or adventurous plan, but hopefully it'll get me back on track with cooking. 

Monday: Salsa rice burritos

Tuesday: Monte Cristos. We had pizza for Joe's birthday last week instead of these sandwiches, but he's still clamoring for them.

Wednesday: Creamy garlic pork chops, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli

Thursday: Mashed potato enchiladas. Using leftover mashed potatoes from the night before, this meal should come together quickly for us.

Friday: Taco rice

Saturday: Hawaiian chicken, rice pilaf, steamed broccoli

Sunday: Creamy vegetable enchiladas. I know, I know, enchiladas twice in one week -- what can I say? I'm unashamed.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Love all the Mexican-ish food :)

My best advice is to come up with a reward you get if you stick to the meal plan all week. Go out for lunch during the weekend, get a pedi, whatever it takes :)