Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Best of 2010: January, February, and March

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! I just can't believe it's almost 2011. I've really enjoyed sharing new recipes with all of you this year, and I can't wait to see what next year holds for this little blog of mine! I thought I'd spend this week highlighting some of my favorite recipes of the year, sharing three months' worth of favorites every day for the rest of this week.

Chicken and cheese crescent chimichangas. They're not the prettiest things to look at, but man, are they ever delicious. They remind me a lot of the savory sopapillas served at my favorite Mexican restaurant. This dish became a quick family favorite.







I first made these healthy morning muffins for Andrew's daycare snack day back in January, and I've made them almost every month for his snack day since then. The kids absolutely love them. And since they're full of good stuff like raisins, carrots, bananas, and oats, they're a pretty healthy snack for them, too.






These chubby hubby cookies are a wink and a nudge to Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby ice cream, and they're packed with some of my favorite flavors. Peanut butter, pretzels, and chocolate combine to give these cookies that sweet-salty taste I just love.







As a true lover of broccoli soup in all its forms (including the canned stuff; I've been known to eat that for lunch), I have to say that this broccoli-cheddar soup is the best I've tried. It's so flavorful and silky and creamy and cheesy. I always top ours with some croutons for a little crunch.






Since I first discovered it back in February, this Texas fudge cake has been my go-to chocolate cake recipe. There's nothing fancy about it; it only calls for common pantry ingredients, but you won't believe how good it is. And don't even get me started on the frosting!







With only three ingredients, this spicy sausage dip couldn't be easier to prepare. I've made it a lot this year, and my husband just requested that I make it again for New Year's Eve. I'm happy to oblige!






I've made these pulled chicken suiza sandwiches so much that I don't even need the recipe anymore. These sandwiches are so delicious, and if you use store-bought rotisserie chicken, they're ready in 10 minutes. You can't beat that for a weeknight dinner!







Not only are these individual shrimp pot pies one of the best recipes of 2010: They may actually be my very favorite recipe of 2010. I could go on and on about how delicious they are. The sauce is savory and sweet and so creamy, and the crispy puff pastry is the perfect shell for the succulent filling. So good.





I got this recipe for rigatoni with chicken, bacon and mushrooms from a friend, and we all just absolutely love this dish. The salty bacon, earthy mushrooms, and sweet basil all work so well together. The sauce is a thick tomato-based sauce with a little bit of cream and a touch of apple juice for some fruity sweetness. This is one of the most-requested pasta dishes in my house for sure!


4 comments:

Allison said...

Thanks for the recap!

Just wanted to let you know that the link for the spicy sausage dip is broken--there's a space between the dash and the word dip. :) I might be making this for New Year's. Or tonight....

Debbie said...

This is a great post - highlighting these recipes. I want to try the Texas fudge cake...and the chicken chimichangas. But all the recipes sound wonderful!

Monica H said...

All this is making me hungry. I've made those chimis before and they were good!

Desi said...

Just added some of these to my already-long list of your recipes to try! You amaze me!