Sunday, March 28, 2010

Weekly Meal Planning, Week of 3.29.10

Well, it's finally here: the week I return to work. I go back on Friday, and I can't exactly say I'm thrilled about it. Of course, I've now come down with an awful spring cold (thank you, Ohio weather that changes every five minutes), so I should have a lot of fun during my last week off. (/sarcasm) Because of said cold, I reserve the right to skip any of these meals and lay sniveling on the couch instead, eating delivery pizza.

Monday: Roasted vegetable subs, potato chips. I've been obsessed with roasted vegetables lately and can't wait to try out this idea.

Tuesday: Chicken and cheese crescent chimichangas

Wednesday: Baked eggs and tortillas (from Everyday Food. This was on the menu last week, but we ended up having plans.)

Thursday: Beef, bean and cheese enchiladas (Wow, Mexican food three nights in a row. I just noticed that.)

Friday: Leftovers or sandwiches. This will be pretty typical on Fridays from now on for various reasons, not the least of which is that I'd like to take a break from the kitchen after a long week of work.

Saturday: Pulled BBQ beef sandwiches topped with cole slaw, potato chips. I typically make pulled pork instead of beef, but I have a roast in the freezer that I need to use up. I've been craving BBQ anything lately, especially if it's topped with cole slaw.

Sunday: It's Easter. I'm not sure exactly what our plans are, but I know we're eating somewhere, so we probably won't be hungry for any kind of substantial dinner.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I really need to sit myself down each week and come up with a meal plan like you do. It would make shopping, saving money, and spending less time in the kitchen a whole lot easier. My first day back is Thursday and I am dreading it. Good luck to both of us!!

Lana said...

I love your blog. I can't wait to try the chicken chimichangas. I think that will be on the menu for this week. I used to do a better job at planning our weekly meals, but have fallen behind. You have inspired me to start again. I'll be back often. Lana :)

PS I also can't wait to try the chocolate chip cookie dough dip!