Monday, March 15, 2010

Peanut Butter and Jelly Sushi Rolls

Today's recipe isn't really a recipe at all, and it is courtesy of Patty, who introduced me to it when I was searching for a snack for my son's daycare class. Although I ultimately decided to make something else for Andrew and his friends, I knew I had to try these out. Andrew's at an age where he's still too young to tackle a whole sandwich successfully, and I thought these little rolls would make eating a sandwich less messy and more fun for him. Well, they were definitely a hit, and now he has peanut butter and jelly "sushi rolls" for lunch or a snack at least three times a week. He gives them a huge round of applause!

If you have young children or you're just young at heart, give these a try. They're so fun to make, and to eat!

Peanut Butter and Jelly Sushi Rolls
source: Allrecipes

2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
2 tablespoons jam, jelly or preserves (pick your favorite flavor)
2 slices bread

1. Remove crusts from bread. With a rolling pin or large soup can, completely flatten bread.

2. Spread 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and 1 tablespoon of jelly on each slice of bread.

3. Roll each slice into a tight spiral. Cut each spiral into four pieces.

1 comment:

Elise Sara said...

I am really enjoying your blog. I am always looking for new cookie recipes, and you post so many good ones. I think I will try the lemon chcolate chip ones next week. This idea is good, but my kids wont touch peanut butter. I wonder if I can make it with turkey bologna. ;)