Sunday, February 14, 2010

Weekly Meal Planning, Week of 2.15.10

Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you all get to spend some special time with your sweeties today. If you're making dinner at home but haven't decided what you're cooking yet, I strongly recommend this spinach salad to go with your meal and this red velvet cheesecake for dessert. I just know your special someone will appreciate both!

Anyway, on to the meal plan. You guys, it feels so good to plan my meals again. I feel like I have direction and purpose in the kitchen again, instead of just floundering around wondering what the heck we're going to eat. That's probably a bit melodramatic, but it really does feel good to exert control over one aspect of my life, when so many things feel out of control right now. I guess that's what I get for having two children under the age of two. Oy.

We're still sticking with the two vegetarian meals a week thing. We had really good luck with both of our meat-free meals last week, so I'm hoping this week's are just as good!

Monday: Vegetable lasagna, garlic bread

Tuesday: BBQ chicken pizza. I'm so excited to share this recipe with you! This one is my husband's creation, and it is so freakin' good.

Wednesday: Bayou burgers with spicy remoulade, oven rings. Just my own way of celebrating Mardi Gras here in the frozen land of Ohio.

Thursday: Cauliflower risotto, salad. This recipe has been brewing in my head for a while. I'll let you know if it turns out like I want it to.

Friday: Fiesta ravioli bake, inspired by this recipe

Saturday: Peanut noodles with shredded chicken and vegetables, egg rolls (of the frozen variety)

Sunday: Shrimp pot pies, salad

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I'm coming over to your house for the week. Your menu sounds delicious!