Saturday, February 6, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas with Creamy Ranch Sauce

By now you all know how much I love buffalo chicken in all its forms, and I get so excited when I come across a new and unique recipe for it. When I saw this recipe for buffalo chicken enchiladas, I was instantly intrigued.

These were absolutely delicious! The sauce is creamy and tangy and cool, the perfect balance to the spicy chicken. These would be perfect for a Super Bowl party, because they're definitely a crowd-pleaser. Give these enchiladas a shot -- I think you'll really like them! I halved the recipe for just Joe and me, but I've listed the full one below.

Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas with Creamy Ranch Sauce
source: Pillsbury Annual Recipes 2008

1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup refrigerated sour cream ranch dip
2/3 cup chopped green onions (about 10 medium onions)
3 cups chopped cooked chicken
3/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
12 6-inch tortillas
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. In medium bowl, mix soup, dip, and 1/3 cup of the onions. In large bowl, mix chicken and buffalo wing sauce until coated.

2. Spoon 2 tablespoons soup mixture down center of each tortilla; set remaining mixture aside. Reserve 1/2 cup cheese for garnish. Top each tortilla with about 1/4 cup chicken mixture and scant 1/4 cup cheese. Fold sides of tortillas over filling; place seam side down in baking dish. Spoon remaining soup mixture over filled tortillas.

3. Cover dish tightly with foil. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

4. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with reserved 1/2 cup cheese and remaining 1/3 cup onions. Bake uncovered about 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh Cassie that is so my kind of meal. I am going to have to try that sometime. I love buffalo chicken also. I buy the deli type and love it on sandwiches!

Carrie said...

Wow, that sounds so different and SOOO amazing, I will be adding it to my menu next week!

Carrie said...

Thank you for sharing, I finally made these last night, we loved them!