Sunday, October 25, 2009

Weekly Meal Planning

Before I get to this week's meal plan, I just want to let you guys know that I have something in the works for this week that I think is going to be lots of fun. I'll be taking a break from my normal posting schedule and doing something fun to celebrate Halloween. So be sure to check back tomorrow!

I spaced on quite a few dinners last week -- either we weren't hungry or we just ate what we had on hand -- so a couple of those meals are carrying over to this week.


Monday: Chicken fingers (from the grocery store deli), tater tots. Because sometimes it's fun to eat like a kid.

Tuesday: Cauliflower soup, grilled ham and cheese sandwiches. For some reason I've been craving cauliflower like mad lately. Who craves cauliflower? Seriously, this pregnancy is weird.

Wednesday: Pizza-stuffed peppers, garlic bread. I didn't get to make these last week. I was lazy and we had McDonald's instead. (The baby wanted a Big Mac.) (I cannot control these urges.)

Thursday: Cheesy salsa mini meatloaves, Mexican sour cream rice

Friday: Chicken spaghetti. Apparently it's Pioneer Woman week 'round these parts.

Saturday: It's Halloween! It's also our town's trick-or-treat night, so we'll probably order pizza -- or something that can be eaten just as easily on the porch while we're handing out candy. Ah, screw it; we'll just eat candy. That's okay for one night, right?

Sunday: Artichoke lasagna with spinach added, garlic bread

Weekend Breakfast: BELTs (bacon, egg, lettuce and tomato sandwiches)

Baking: Chocolate apple bread. This will be great for breakfasts throughout the week.

No comments: