Monday, September 28, 2009

Banana Nut Pancakes


Ohhh, you guys. You have got to try these pancakes. Soon. Like tonight. Scrap whatever dinner plans you have and make these instead. In fact, I just might do that myself. I think I could eat these pancakes every day.

We had these banana nut pancakes for breakfast yesterday morning, and they were heartily enjoyed by all three of us. Andrew ate an entire pancake by himself, and I think he would have tackled a second one if there'd been any more. But, sadly, there weren't. We ate all of them.

The creamy, sweet topping on these pancakes is so delicious that it makes butter absolutely unnecessary. I did, however, drown my pancakes in maple syrup (as you can see), which was delicious with the rest of the flavors. (I can't get enough maple syrup lately. This is particularly amusing to me since I didn't even really like maple syrup before I got pregnant. Cravings are weird.) Next time, I'm doubling this recipe for sure.

Banana Nut Pancakessource: Taste of Home 2000 Annual Recipes, also found here

3 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup whipped topping
1 cup pancake mix
1 tablespoon sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 medium ripe banana, mashed
1/2 cup chopped pecans

1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Mix in whipped topping (mixture will be stiff); set aside.

2. In a bowl, combine pancake mix and sugar. Beat egg, milk and oil; add to pancake mix and mix well. Fold in banana and pecans.

3. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with cream topping. Makes approximately 8 pancakes.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I love pancakes, these look like a nice different way to serve pancakes, I see a future breakfast!

Sonya said...

How can you go wrong with delicious ingredients such as this? bookmarked and Im going to pick up the ingredients today!