Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip

I seem to be a bit behind the mark regarding food blog recipe trends. A lot of times I'll see something appear on a bunch of the blogs I read, and I'll want to make it immediately, but then I get distracted -- so while the rest of the internet is posting about it, I'm not. By the time I get around to it, the "trend" has passed. This has happened to me previously with buffalo chicken dip and baked potato and broccoli soup, and it happened to me again with this recipe. I saw this ages ago on a bunch of different blogs, but the recipe went on the back burner until yesterday evening -- when I decided to make it for a very special event in my best friend's and my life.

Every Monday night, without fail, my best friend comes over to my house for one reason and one reason only: The Bachelor. We are totally addicted to this show. Even though the relationships inevitably never work out, for some reason we just can't get enough. I decided to make something special for us to snack on last night, since it was the finale, and I thought of this dip immediately. It was such a rich, sweet little treat to snack on while we watched what truly was "the most dramatic rose ceremony ever." This dip really does taste a lot like chocolate chip cookie dough, and I think it would be perfect for a bachelorette party or baby shower.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
Source: Recipezaar

1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
3/4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Vanilla wafer cookies or graham crackers for dipping

1. In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the brown sugar over medium heat. Stir continuously, until the brown sugar dissolves.

2. Remove from heat, whisk in the vanilla and set aside to cool.

3. Beat the cream cheese and confectioner's sugar for 1 minute.

4. Slowly beat in the cooled butter mixture and beat again for another minute.

5. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts, if using.

6. Pour into a serving bowl and refrigerate. Garnish with additional chocolate chips or nuts, if you choose.

7 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

Wow. Sounds like a fun ritual. What a delicious dip! I havent seen thisone. I bet kids would enjoy it too!

Lisa K said...

I get together with 2 girlfriends every Monday night too, but we watch The Hills or The City together. I Tivo-ed The Bachelor last night - I mostly liked Jason throughout the season but last night made me not like him at all. That was awful what he did to Melissa! What were your thoughts?

Oh, and I plan on making this dip this weekend.

Cassie said...

Where do I start? I too was very disappointed in the way he treated Melissa. I hope he was contractually obligated to do what he did on live TV, because if not, it's just unacceptable the way he treated her. I feel like I can't be mad at him for not being in love with her, but man -- the way he dumped her was ridiculously cruel. I thought he was such a nice guy, too, but now I'm just not sure. And that's unfortunate. I feel bad for his little boy.

Debbie said...

Looks like a really tasty dip! I haven't heard of this one but it would be great to snack on and enjoy. Didn't watch the Bachelor but I heard about it. Wow is all I can say....

Coleens Recipes said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing it.

Carrie said...

I love this dip I make it often!

Tami said...

Can't wait to make this dip on a Sunday for snacking during the football games.

Thanks for sharing the recipe!